“But speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by every ligament with which it is equipped, as each part is working properly, promotes the body’s growth in building itself up in love.” – Ephesians 4:15-16
In order to fulfill its responsibility to “promote congregational unity and good will (and) foster mutual understanding in times of conflict…”) 1, the Congregational Council has adopted this policy for addressing issues and concerns regarding the life and ministry of Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church:
- Issues and concerns regarding the life and ministry of the congregation shall be put in writing, signed, and addressed to the chairperson of the Congregational Council in a timely manner.
- The chairperson will acknowledge receipt of the correspondence and will share this correspondence with the Congregational Council Executive, who will assess the issue or concern and take appropriate action, or refer it to the Congregational Council.
- The author of the correspondence will be kept abreast of any decision regarding the issue or concern, and may be invited to address the Congregational Council in this regard.
- A member also has the choice to present their issue or concern at a monthly Congregational Council Meeting, in person. Just inform the chairperson of the Congregational Council of your wishes and the issue or concern will be included on the Agenda of the next meeting.
Amended and adopted by the Congregational Council of Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church May 16, 2018.
- The Constitution and Bylaws of Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, amended February 1, 2015, Article X, Section 7e.