For recent Bulletins, Sermons, Hymns – please refer to links on the right side of this page or the menus above.
For most recent postings, see below.
Message from the Treasurer: Text
Pastoral Letter Regarding
the COVID-19 Pandemic
March 17, 2020
Dear Friends in Christ,
None of us could have ever imagined that we would experience a worldwide health crisis like the current COVID-19 pandemic, which is having serious implications for the lives of people in our community, in Canada, and around the world. This pandemic has also impacted our life together as the congregation of Zion Lutheran Church. At the advice of the bishops of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada and Huron Perth Public Health, the Congregational Council has made the difficult but necessary decision to cancel all worship services and public gatherings for the duration of the outbreak. We do not know when we will be able to gather again for worship and other activities within our congregation, but we will continue to keep in contact with all of our members and pray for the health and safety of all who are impacted by this unprecedented virus.
While we will not be able to gather in person for the foreseeable future, there are many ways in which we can stay connected with one another and continue to support the ministry we share in Zion Lutheran Church:
- We will be posting sermons, worship materials, and other information on our congregational website: zionstratford.com. I will also be posting information and updates on my Facebook page: Jeffrey Laustsen.
- We encourage everyone in the congregation to stay connected with one another via phone calls, emails, video chats, and other means of communication. I encourage everyone to take out their congregational directories and call a few people, especially our homebound members and all who may have to self-isolate during the outbreak.
- We encourage everyone to continue to their financial support of our congregation while we are unable to gather for worship. Pre-Authorized Remittance is the best way to continue to contribute to the ministry of the church while we are absent from one another; you can call the church office for additional information. You may also mail your offering envelopes to the church or drop them off in the mail slot which is on the Erie Street entrance to the office wing.
- If we are unable to meet for Holy Week and Easter worship, we will move these worship gatherings to later in the year when we are able to gather again. Since every Sunday is a celebration of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, our homecoming will be a most joyous celebration of the joyous message that “Christ is risen! He is risen indeed! Alleluia!”
During these uncertain times, we live in the sure and certain hope that God is with us always and will give us the strength to meet these days of worldwide pandemic in the comfort of a holy and certain hope. May God bless all of us until we meet again!
Yours in Christ,
Pastor Jeff Laustsen
Welcome to Zion Lutheran Church, Stratford!
We are a busy, active congregation in beautiful Stratford, Ontario – and we’d love to welcome you!
For the most recent news and events click on the links to your right —>
God’s purpose for Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church is to celebrate God’s presence among us and share God’s love. Together, we are all ministers in our church, community, and the world.
We, the congregation:
- affirm that Jesus Christ is Lord and Saviour.
- seek God’s guidance through prayer.
- think, speak, and act in love, respect, and forgiveness.
- affirm that everyone is acceptable to God – He is Lord of all.
- are flexible, adaptable, and willing to change, but unswerving to God’s purpose.
- embrace social justice.
- promote openness and transparency in all aspects of our life as a congregation.
- are generous with time, talent, and money.
202 Erie Street (corner of Erie and St. David)
Stratford, ON N5A 2M8
Sunday morning worship:
– 8:30 a.m. in Gastmeier Chapel
– 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary
Sunday School with the 10 a.m. service
An unsupervised Nursery is available during the services
After the 10:00 a.m. service we have coffee hour and fellowship time
No Sunday School during the summer, but the unsupervised nursery is available year-round.
You are also welcome to attend our special services during Advent, Christmas, and Lent.
Need help getting to church?
We operate a Sunday morning ministry through Radio Cab. Call them at 519-271-4242 and they’ll bring you here and back at no charge
Arranging a wedding, baptism or funeral?
We are here to help at these important times in your life journey. Please contact Pastor Jeff Laustsen directly at 519-271-8527.
Accessibility for Ontarians with a Disability
It is the policy of Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church (the “Church”) to provide goods and services (together referred to as “Services”) to persons with disabilities in a way that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equal opportunity.
Looking to rent space?
Zion Stratford makes some of its meeting and assembly rooms available to community groups for a modest fee. We’ll help if we can! Please call our office at 519-271-8527 or email@example.com for details.